Throughout the years, Apex has been recognized as a leader in the staffing industry and recently won awards for corporate growth and client satisfaction. Apex offers significant opportunities for advancement as we expand to meet the needs of our clients and the marketplace.
For more information about Apex Systems, visit www. apexcareers. com.
Job DescriptionJob #: 803783
Apex Systems has an immediate opening for a Jr. Disaster Recovery Specialist in the Green Bay, WI area.
If you are interested please apply with resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Jr. Disaster Recovery Specialist
This position will contribute to aspects of Client's Business Resumption program including but not limited to:
- Coordination of disaster recovery plan reviews, assist with the coordination of disaster recovery exercises, review third party recovery documentation for alignment of resiliency with the designated RTO and assist with the line of business recovery planning and exercise process.
- The position will assist with configuration of Business Resumption tools and the annual review of program documentation.
- The position will work closely with other IT groups and with all areas of the corporation to ensure recovery plans, recovery exercises and program documentation follows the Business Resumption program methodology to minimize any business interruption.
- Coordinate updates of technology recovery plans.
- Ensure that templates include all required components of a successful recovery plan and that all technology areas complete the recovery plans appropriately.
- Working with the Disaster Recovery Specialist and IT support team, assures that recovery procedures are effective for the restoration of key corporate resources and for the resumption of critical business processes including but not limited to Remote Recovery Centers and other facilities managed by the company.
- Coordinates disaster recovery exercises of the Business Resumption Program, including tabletop tests, drills, mock exercises, and functional exercises (application, database and server) to ensure accuracy and effectiveness, and practice the ability of the company management and staff to resume and recover business operations from a major systems outage including a catastrophic event.
- Schedules and conducts Business Resumption training (awareness and education) for all staff members.
- Provides instructional and informational materials on how staff is expected to respond during an emergency.
- Reviews and maintains standards and procedures for Business Resumption documentation.
- Assist in the coordination of the technology response during a disaster situation or business interruption, in conjunction with key Technology or business stakeholders.
- Facilitates the decision making process and communications to the incident lead as outlined in the Business Resumption Incident Management procedures.
- Assist in the review, update, and maintenance of crisis management/incident response procedures.
- Gives support in the coordination of exercises to validate effectiveness of procedures.
- Respond to internal and external audit requests on demand.
- Provide requested BIAs, plan documentation, exercise results and any other program or governance documentation.
- Assist in the managing of recovery planning software tools, such as a notification system or recovery planning software.
- Accountable for complying with all laws and regulations associated with Disaster Recovery Requirements, including compliance with the FFIEC, OCC, Sarbanes-Oxley Act, etc.
- Validates business impact analysis (BIA) to assess line of business application scope needs are congruent with technology recovery time objectives. Identifies any misalignment and potential risk they pose to the Company.
- Partners with the Third Party Management for the review of recovery capabilities for third party service providers used by the company.
- Help in the facilitation in the disaster recovery planning and exercising of application service providers.
- Monitor events potentially impacting the Company, including, but not limited to the review of world and local news, weather updates, and ITS activities. Maintains contact with outside contingency planning professional organizations and local/regional emergency response groups.
- Assist in creating, updating, and maintaining all business unit recovery plan
- Ensure that templates include all required components of a successful recovery plan and that the lines of business complete the recovery plans appropriately.
- Assist in conducting all aspects of business unit recovery plan exercises.
- Recovery exercises include both tabletop exercise and recovery site relocation exercises. Results of the exercises will be documented, gaps identified, and plans established to close the gaps.
- Contribute as a resource to projects related to the development and testing of the Business Resumption program.
- Participate in and complete any other work as assigned.
***2 - 3 years IT Experience/ Experience could be gained from the following job titles / responsibilities or something similar. -Network Engineer -Desktop / Field Engineer - Consider Service Desk person -Nice to have DR background but not mandatory - Nice to have worked with DR tools but not mandatory***
- Health, Dental and Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Long and Short-Term disability
- Life insurance
- Direct deposit
- Referral program